The Technician is responsible for working on HVAC and Piping system for the site. The will follow standard operating procedures (SOP), safety standards (SP), and cGMP practices to complete their work. The role includes but is not limited to testing, adjusting, and balancing of air handling systems and hydronic heating and cooling systems, fan unit service, coil repair and replacement, filtration service including HEPA challenging and replacement, and maintenance and operation of centrifugal chillers. Utilizing pipefitting skills for the HVAC and other plumbing needs for the site are also a requirement for the role.
The Technician will report to the Director of Technical Operations and Maintenance.
- Maintain, adjust and balance industrial air handling systems and hydronic heating, cooling and DX systems.
- Maintain and repair intake and exhaust fans.
- Room pressurization and airflow adjusting and balancing.
- Coil repair and replacement.
- Filtration service including managing HEPA challenges and replacement.
- Manage outside contractors as required
- Maintain and repair maintenance and operation of industrial chiller systems and cooling towers.
- Maintain piping systems for domestic cold and hot water and drains.
- Maintain and replace steam and condensate piping.
- Knowledge of installing and repairing industrial piping systems.
- Working knowledge of building management systems.
- General building maintenance.
- Maintains accurate and complete service records
- Utilize electronic systems and software to conduct daily activities including email communication, SOP, SP, and job aid creation/updates and review.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Trade School Certification or College degree in Mechanical/Technical Discipline – Desired
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with HVAC and Pipefitting.
- EPA Universal Refrigeration Certification
- Strong trouble shooting skills for HVAC and piping systems
- Read and interpret technical drawings
- Mechanical aptitude & Logical Thinking
- Strong literacy
- Documentation of work
- Math Skills
- Computer skills- MS Office- Word, Outlook, Excel
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to Willing to work across (3) different shifts or extended work hours and emergency call-backs.