Functions as a cost accounting analyst supporting US operations, plant and financial management teams. Responsible for plant level costs and control including cost accounting, routing audit, cost analysis, Inventory reserve analysis and SAP Item set-up. Work closely with various areas of manufacturing and supply chain to understand cost variances and how they impact the financial results. Support month end close and reporting process.
The Cost Accountant reports to the Sr. Manager Cost Accounting.
- Support the Cost Accounting function for each of US Business Units and facilitate the reconciliation of transactions between each business unit
- SAP Material Master Set-Up and Recipe creation/adjustments for US operating companies
- Assist with management of Standard Cost management pertaining to Material, Labor and Overhead costs.
- Research and explain variances reporting this information by material/batch on monthly or as-needed basis.
- Maintain and perform scrap reserve analysis on monthly basis for US Operations
- Perform Inventory Account Reconciliations on monthly basis
- Provide back-up support in managing Material Disposition Reporting (MDR) process.
- Work with the finance department to implement and apply cost accounting policies and procedures as they are derived.
- Assist with inventory cycle counts and time study analysis
10. Material master analysis and standards updates.
11. Assist with Interim and Year End Audits
12. Various month end requests such as journal entry into SAP, running reports, and other ad hoc reports/requests/duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting/Business Administration
- 3 to 5 years Cost Accounting experience in Manufacturing Environment
- Ability to support cross-functional plant management team
- Proven ability to prioritize objectives and duties
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with both internal and external customers
- Highly analytical
- Proficient in SAP, Excel and Access
GMP DECISION-MAKING AUTHORITY