This position leads and oversees the Raw Materials and Packaging Components procurement for the Purchasing Department, and has the responsibility to ensure supplier sourcing, competitive bidding, and price negotiations are conducted in a fair and professional manner, without conflict of interest, while ensuring on-time delivery of quality goods at the best price. This role requires travel.
The Senior Buyer, Materials reports directly to the Purchasing Manager, Supply Chain.
Primary responsibilities of this role include the following:
1. System Oversight
- Manages material pricing changes with material vendors.
- Conduit between material vendors and NPI QA Standards for vendor complaints
- Comply with all department and company procedures.
- Provide effective department services to all levels of the organization.
- Coordinates change control process with vendor and NPI QA Standards for changes to approved Raw Materials and Packaging Components.
- Update material master data, and provide supplier pricing changes to Finance for updates in SAP.
- Conduit between material vendors and NPI QA Standards for revised Raw Material and Packaging Component specifications.
- Inventory and Cost Management
- Manages procurement of excess inventory to minimize carrying costs through effective safety stock levels.
- Prepare, manage and maintain supplier contacts for Raw Material and Packaging Component purchases.
- Review and negotiate supplier lead times and economic order quantities.
- Cost savings tracking and reporting.
3. SAP Requirements
a. Maintain supplier master data.
b. Create Raw Material and Packaging Component purchase orders and expedite as required.
c. Execute Open Order Report and follow-up with suppliers to ensure on time deliveries for Raw Materials and Packaging Components.
d. Perform purchase order change order process as required.
e. Monitor and resolve blocked invoices in coordination with Finance.
f. Provide back-up for purchasing API.
Education: BS/BA in Business or Supply Chain or work related experience.
Experience: 5+ years of business or work related experience, preferably in a Procurement role.
- The individual must have experience withSAP/MRP or equivalent and have experience with Microsoft Office.
- Individual must take ownership and demonstrate flexibility by being able to lead people and processes, work independently or in a team environment, prioritize responsibilities and manage multiple tasks.
- This position requires working effectively with others and good communication skills (both verbal and written), in order to support internal purchasing requests and work effectively with external suppliers to negotiate on-time deliveries.
- The individual must have experience negotiating.
- An individual with a Purchasing Certification is preferred.
GMP DECISION-MAKING AUTHORITY
- Review and comply with SOPs, Safe Practices and Safety Training documents.
- Analyze Raw Material and Packaging Component requirements and provide recommendations to the Logistics Managers regarding MOQ/EOQ quantities.